South Beach, Ardrossan
Over for another year!
Three days of non-stop fun, activities, entertainment, workshops, live radio, competitions and much, much more happened on Ardrossan South Beach during August. The unbelievable range of different activities attracted a great crowd of families and teens. With a real mix of Scottish weather, the event was still great fun, with some great acts grabbing attention on the stage.
iPAD 2 winners
To launch Irvine Bay's presence on Facebook we ran a successful competition, with 3 iPads as prizes. The competition ran until midnight on 6 August and the winners were drawn on Monday. iPads were won by Robbie-Lee Dickie from Saltcoats, Angie Lewis from Irvine and Alexis Bickerton from Kilmarnock.
Like our Irvine Bay Facebook page!
Congratulations also go to Gemma Baird, from Ardrossan and Suiobhan Hamilton, from Stevenston who both won cameras in the Bioblitz competition at Big on the Beach. Well done to you both!
What went ON at Big on the Beach?
Loads of kids and teens enjoyed the mix at South Beach Ardrossan. Adrenaline rides, watersports, music and dance....
- Raintown, Glee Explosions, The Speeches
- Kennedy Cupcakes, Miss Gaga
- The Speeches, The Alex Wayt Band, Knowing me, Knowing You, Nicola Annie Cassells, Carrie Mac
- R.A.G. The Big Velvet Curtain Limbo Demo
- Adreneline rides were popular as ever.
- Paddle boarding, wind surfing and water walkers on the beach and in the water were a great attraction.
- The Scottish Windfest doing demos and providing lessons. Kite buggying, kite surfing and power kiting.
- Beach volleyball - fabulous exercise.
- Microscopes and handheld lenses were a great way to view local wildlife.
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium.
- Bouncy castle; bungee run; bungee trampolines; ball pool
- Soft play
- Pirates treasure hunt
Workshop extravaganzas for all...
- Hula tent was a festival of dance and song.
- Make your own kite was a great place to be
- The Big Top was outstanding for circus skills.
On the radio...
- Broadcasting all this live was West FM Radio.