Contract awarded for Ardrossan North Shore site
The contract to carry out land remediation works at a £70 million development site in Irvine Bay has been awarded by Ardrossan North Shore LLP.
The work to clean up the former Shell Oil refinery site near Ardrossan Marina will be carried out by specialists ERS.
The Ardossan North Shore Joint Venture was agreed between Peel Holdings and Irvine Bay Regeneration Company to redevelop the former refinery site, which could also see a massive expansion of the marina over the coming years.
Highlights of the £70 million development include:
- A total of 30 acres of former oil refinery land in the heart of the town cleaned up and redeveloped
- At least 4,000 square metres of offices created, along with a restaurant and a care home
- More than 400 new homes created
- The creation of new public open space
- A first phase of 165 new berths at the marina, with an eventual additional number of around 500
The development programme will take around 10 years, with the decontamination work beginning this year. The project is expected to create the equivalent of 414 new jobs.