The Ayrshire golf development, Irvine
The Ayrshire will be an internationally renowned 18-hole links course complete with an adjoining hotel and holiday homes.
The complex at Marine Drive, Irvine is expected to bring new business opportunities to Scotland, generating hundreds of jobs in the Irvine Bay area and adding millions of pounds to our local economy. A 171 acre beachfront site, south west of Irvine town centre, will be the location for this £60 million development, expected to attract tourists and locals alike. The new links course will be open to the public as a pay and play course rather than soley for members only.
The £60 million project will be developed by The Ayrshire Golf Company, a joint venture between property investment and development company Credential Holdings Limited and KPT Limited.
The new course will be designed by acclaimed golf architects Glen Golf Design, who's principal designer was involved in creations including The Castle course in St Andrews, Machrihanish Dunes at Kintyre and the celebrated Bandon Dunes in Oregon.
The creation of this outstanding links course with all its facilities will help in developing an exciting and sustainable new future for Irvine Bay with improved business opportunities. Construction of the par 70 golf course and hotel at Irvine Bay, with clubhouse, professional’s shop, spa, restaurant and conference facilities will take around 20 months and involve at least 250 construction jobs. Once complete the development will require around 90 full time and 45 part time employees ranging from green keepers to bar tenders, caddies and hotel managers.
- Golf course expected to attract tourists and local golfers
- Currently around 240,000 visitors from around the world come to play golf in Ayrshire each year with most arriving via nearby Prestwick Airport.
- The new course will encourage visitors to stay in the area longer to play on all the top class courses
- The pay and play policy at The Ayrshire means the course will be open to the public
- The development agreement between Irvine Bay Regeneration Company and The Ayrshire Golf Company was signed Autumn 2009; extensive public consultation was undertaken through 2012; the planning application was submitted in spring 2013; with planning permission granted in winter 2013.